who is this visa for?
This visa is for persons that have been awarded a qualification from an Australian educational institution after a minimum of 2 years of study in Australia.
Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) Visa - Graduate Work Stream
This stream of the subclass 485 visa is for international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Medium to Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.
To be eligible for this visa applicants must meet the basic eligibility criteria. These include:
1. Being aged between 18 and 49 years of age;
2. That the applicant has studied at an Australian Educational Institution for a minimum period of 2 academic years
3. Having a score of 'competent level' on an approved English language test or be the holder of a passport from the U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Ireland or New Zealand;
4. Having a positive skills assessment for an occupation listed on the Medium to Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
5. That the applicant meets the 2 Year Australian Study RequirementSkilled Occupation Lists
Obligations as a Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) (Graduate Work) Visa Holder
This is a temporary visa allowing the holder to remain in Australia for a period of 18 months from the date of visa grant.
There are no work or study restrictions attached to this visa, however, visa holders must maintain adequate health insurance.