By using this website you accept the following conditions:
The Australian Migration Advisory accepts no responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained on or accessed through this website and makes no representations about its suitability for any particular purpose.
We make every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and comprehensive. However, the information is only intended as a basic guide and does not address the complexities of an individual’s particular circumstances.
The Australian Migration Advisory recommends that you always speak with an agent before acting on any of the information contained within this website.
To the extent permitted by law, the Australian Migration Advisory forgoes all liability for loss or damage arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information contained on or accessed through this website, whether or not this has been caused by any negligence on the part of the Agency or its agents.
We make every effort to ensure that links on this site are kept up-to-date. If you find a link that does not work, please notify us by email (email@example.com).
Information or materials which are offensive, pornographic, unsuitable for minors' access or otherwise of a criminal or violent nature may be accessible through this site either as a result of hacking or material placed on linked websites. The Australian Migration Advisory makes no representations as to the suitability of the information accessible for viewing by minors or any other person. The reader assumes all risks associated with use of the web site, including (but not limited to):
Risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the website or your access to it;
The risk that the content of this website and linked web sites complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
Your use of this website will be logged for the purpose of usage monitoring. For further information refer to the website's Privacy Statement.
See: Privacy Statement
Unauthorised use of this website could result in criminal prosecution.
The Australian Migration Advisory understands that how we collect, use, exchange and protect personal information is important to our clients.
Below is a list of information commonly collected by the Australian Migration Advisory:
- Identity and contact details;
- Personal details such as gender and marital status;
- Information regarding travel documents and Citizenship;
- Education and Employment;
- Health and Character information;
- Identity information relating to parents and siblings (if applicable);
- In some instances we will be required to collect information regarding to personal finances, the finances of family members, or the finances of employers offering sponsorship.
We use the information we gather from our Clients for the following purposes:
- To establish identity and assess eligibility for applications to be made to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection;
- To issue quotes and contracts if representation is requested;
- To make the following applications:
- Visa Applications
- Skills Assessment Applications
- eMedical Referral Letters
- Character Assessments
- Requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Enrolment for study with educational institutions
We only share information when authorised to do so by our clients. Third parties include, but are not limited to:
- The Department of Information and Border Protection and their associated missions;
- Skills Assessment Authorities;
- The Australian Federal Police;
- Overseas Consulates, Embassy’s or High Commissions;
- Overseas Police Authorities;
- Educational Institutions
- IELTS Testing Centres
- Medibank Health Solutions
- Bupa Australia
The Australian Migration Advisory will collect information in the following ways;
- Standardised questionnaires
- Email correspondence
- Documents provided using postal or courier services
- Documents provided in person
The above information is stored on a database and computer file system specifically designed for use by migration agents. In some instances information may be stored on the local drive of computers used by agents and administrators, all of which are password protected.
The Australian Migration Advisory protects our client’s information in the following ways:
- We educate our staff to ensure that they are aware of their obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principals of 2014;
- All information provided electronically by way of email is encrypted;
- We have firewalls and virus scanning tools to protect against viruses;
- All database systems are protected by passwords specific to individual users;
- All hard copy documents are only transported and destroyed by organisations holding Government Protective Security accreditation.
If a client requests access to the information held on file by the Australian Migration in the form of a case study or an itemisation of services, a fee of $110.00 per hour will be charged for the provision of this.
If a client wishes to clarify or update the information held on file, no fee will be charged.
If a client wishes to obtain original documents provided by them to the Agency or, original documents obtained on their behalf by the agency, no fee will be charged.
If a client has any concerns about their privacy they are able to contact their agent directly. The agent will then pass the matter on to our Client Manager who will review the situation and try to resolve the matter immediately.
The Australian Migration Advisory will make reasonable attempts to ensure that information provided to third parties is done so in a safe and secure manner according to the Australian Privacy Principals. The Australian Migration Advisory however, is not liable for any misuse of personal information provided to third parties such as (but not limited to) the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Skills Assessment Authorities, Australian Federal Police, Foreign Consulates or Embassies, Health assessment Authorities.E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org