who is this visa for?
This visa is for dependent children of Australian Permanent Residents or Citizens who wish to live permanently in Australia.
Children can enter and remain in Australia under the Child Migration Scheme provided they have an eligible sponsor.
- 1. The legal child of an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident; or
- 2. The legal child of a provisional spouse visa holder;
- 3. Unmarried;
- 4. Aged under 18 years; or
- 5. Aged between 18 and 25 years, and are considered to be financially dependent on the sponsor because they are studying and unable to work full-time; or
- 6. Aged over 25 years and are considered to be dependent on the sponsor because they have a disability that prevents them from being able to work full-time.
To be eligible for a child visa, the applicant must be:
Exceptions do apply for persons who are considered to be orphaned because their parents are deceased, incapacitated or of unknown whereabouts. These persons may apply for the Orphan Relative Visa provided they have an eligible sponsor, and are unmarried and able to satisfy the age criteria.
Eligible sponsors for the Orphan Relative Visa include brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles or grandparents (or step equivalents) who are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and are settled in Australia.Additional requirements may apply
contact us for more information
Obligations as a Child Visa Holder
This is a Permanent visa allowing the holder to remain in Australia indefinitely. There are no work or study restrictions placed upon this visa.