who is this visa for?
This visa is for persons that have been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency, or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated regional area, in an occupation that is listed on the Subclass 491 skilled occupation list. (Note: This visa replaced the subclass 489 visa on the 16th of November, 2019).
Skilled-Work Regional (Provisional)(Subclass 491) Visa
The Skilled-Work Regional (Provisional)(Subclass 491) visa was introduced on the 16th of November, 2019. To apply for the Skilled-Work Regional (Provisional)(subclass 491) visa, the primary applicant must have lodged an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and be invited by a State or Territory Government to make an application, or be nominated by an eligible relative living in a designated regional area.
(Note: Holders of this visa may not apply for any other skilled visa or a partner visa for a minimum period of 3 years.)
To satisfy the requirements for this visa, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have:
- 1. Met or exceeded the required points test score (currently 65 points);
- 2. Registration or licensing (where required for the occupation);
- 3. A minimum of Competent English;
- 4. A positive skills assessment in an occupation that is listed on the Subclass 491 skilled occupation list
- 5. Private Health Insurance for themselves and any dependent family members.
- 6. Persons who have held this visa for a minimum period of 3 years may be able to transition up to the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) provided they can satisfy specific criteria relating to work and living arrangements while holding the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa.
Additional requirements may apply
contact us for more information