who is this visa for?
These visas are for persons being sponsored by an employer to live and work in Australia for a period of up to 4 years.
Temporary Work (Subclass 457) Visa - Information for Employers
Employers may sponsor eligible persons for the Temporary Work (Subclass 457) visa in order for the sponsored employee to work within their business and live in Australia for a period of up to 4 years.
To satisfy the requirements for this visa, employers must be able to demonstrate that they:
- 1. Intend to pay the applicant above the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT), which is currently set at $53,900;
- 2. Have undertaken Labour Market Testing;
- 3. Will pay the prospective employee at the Market Salary Rate;
- 4. Meet the Training Benchmarks as set out by the Department of Immigration;
- 5. Are actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia and that there is nothing adverse known about the business or its Directors;
- 6. Seek to fill a genuine job vacancy;
- 7. Are the direct employer of the applicant;
- 8. Are able to meet financial obligations as set out by the Department of Immigration.
For more detailed information on making an application to become a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS), please contact the Australian Migration Advisory.Additional requirements may apply
contact us for more information
Obligations of the Standard Business Sponsor
The terms and conditions of employment for the person you have sponsored must be no less favourable than those you provide, to an Australian performing equivalent work in the same location;
You must notify the Department in writing when certain events occur (e.g. Change of address or contact details, change to the duties carried out by the sponsored staff member);
You must provide ongoing training to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents;
Other obligations may apply. Please consult your agent for further information.