who is this visa for?
These visas are for persons being sponsored by an employer to live and work in Australia for a period of up to 4 years.
Temporary Work (Subclass 482) Visa - Information for Applicants
The Temporary Work (Subclass 482) visa is for persons being sponsored by an eligible employer to live and work in Australia for a period of up to 4 years.
To satisfy the requirements for this visa, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have:
- 1. Skills and / or educational qualifications suited an occupation that is listed on the Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) or Medium-Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL);
- 2. Registration or licensing (where required for the occupation);
- 3. Met the English language requirements:
- Short Term Stream: IELTS overall band score of at least 5.0 with a score of at least 4.5 in each of the test components;
- Medium Term Stream: IELTS overall band score of at least 5.0 with a score of at least 5 in each of the test components;
- 4. A letter of offer (or contract) from an eligible Australian employer; and
- 5. Private Health Insurance for themselves and any dependent family members.
Please note that applicants for trade occupations may also be required to undergo a formal skills assessment by Trades Recognition Australia. For more information please contact the Australian Migration Advisory.Additional requirements may apply
contact us for more information
Obligations as a Temporary Work (Subclass 482) Visa Holder
Holders of this visa must continue to work with the sponsoring employer in the occupation for which they were nominated;
Visa holders must not cease work with their employer for more than 90 days;
Visa holders need to hold health insurance or reciprocal health rights for Medicare.