who is this visa for?

These visas are for persons being sponsored by an employer to live and work in Australia for a period of up to 4 years.

Temporary Work (Subclass 457) Visa - Information for Applicants

The Temporary Work (Subclass 457) visa is for persons being sponsored by an eligible employer to live and work in Australia for a period of up to 4 years.

To satisfy the requirements for this visa, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have:

  • 1. Skills and / or educational qualifications suited an occupation that is listed on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL);
  • 2. Registration or licensing (where required for the occupation);
  • 3. A minimum score of 5.0 on each band of an IELTS examination. Please note that where registration or licensing is required a higher IELTS examination score may be needed;
  • 4. A letter of offer (or contract) from an eligible Australian employer; and
  • 5. Private Health Insurance for themselves and any dependent family members.

Please note that applicants for trade occupations may also be required to undergo a formal skills assessment by Trades Recognition Australia. For more information please contact the Australian Migration Advisory.

Additional requirements may apply
contact us for more information

Obligations as a Temporary Work (Subclass 457) Visa Holder

Holders of this visa must continue to work with the sponsoring employer in the occupation for which they were nominated;

Visa holders must not cease work for more than 90 days;

Visa holders need to hold health insurance or reciprocal health rights for Medicare.