who is this visa for?
This visa is for persons that have been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency, or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area, in an occupation that is listed on the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (Schedule 2).
Family Sponsored Skilled-Regional (Provisional) Visa
To apply for the Family Sponsored Skilled-Regional (Provisional) Visa, the primary applicant must be have lodged an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and be nominated by a relative living in a designated area.
Applicants for this visa must satisfy the basic eligibility criteria as follows:
1. Be aged between 18 and 49 years of age;
2. Score a minimum of 6.0 on each band of the IELTS examination or be the holder of a passport from the U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Ireland or New Zealand;
3. Obtain a formal skills assessment from the relevant assessment body in an occupation listed on the State or Territory's list of Eligible Occupations for Nomnination; and
4. Achieve a minimum score of 65 points on the points test.
Your sponsor must:
1. Reside in a designated regional area of Australia (For a list of designated areas please contact the Australian Migration Advisory);
2. Be aged 18 or over;
3. Be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen; and
3. Be related to you or your partner as a parent, child, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, grandparent or first cousin.Skilled Occupation Lists
Obligations as a Skilled-Regional Visa Holder
This is a temporary visa allowing the holder to live, work and study in regional Australia for up to 4 years from the date of grant.
Visa holders who have lived for 2 years and worked full time for 12 months from the date of visa grant in a designated area of Australia may be eligible for the Skilled-Regional (Permanent) visa.