who is this visa for?

This visa is for persons being sponsored by an eligible employer to live and work in Australia indefinitely.

Employer Sponsored Visa - Information for current holders of a Temporary Work (Subclass 482) visa wanting to apply for a Permanent Employer Sponsored visa

Persons who have worked in Australia for a minimum period of 3 in the past 4 years as the holder of a Temporary Work (Subclass 482) visa may be eligible to apply for a Permanent Employer Sponsored visa.

To satisfy the requirements for this visa, applicants must be:

  • 1. Sponsored by an employer whose business is based in a metropolitan area;
  • 2. Less than 45 years of age (unless exemptions apply);
  • 3. Able to score a minimum score of 6.0 on each band of an IELTS examination or be the holder of a passport from the U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Ireland or New Zealand. Please note that where registration or licensing is required a higher IELTS examination score may be needed;
  • 4. Nominating a position which matches, or closely aligns, with the nominee’s subclass 482 occupation. A formal skills assessment will not be required;
  • 5. Registered or licensed with the relevant authority (if required for the occupation);
  • 6. Provided with a letter of offer (or contract) from an eligible Australian employer;
  • 8. Paid at the market salary rate.

For further information regarding permanent Employer Sponsorship of subclass 457 visa holders please contact the Australian Migration Advisory.

Additional requirements may apply
contact us for more information

Obligations as a Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa Holder

This is a Permanent visa allowing the holder to remain in Australia indefinitely. There are no work or study restrictions placed upon this visa;

Visa holders need to hold health insurance or reciprocal health rights for Medicare.